The 'gold standard' for combined import training and export training; giving a practical, cost effective, pragmatic and detailed guide.
This much-acclaimed course is a thorough basis for anyone engaged in the international movement of goods. It covers in depth the processes and documentation of import, export, cross trades and chain transactions. The choices available and the practical and financial implications of those choices are explored in detail.
Whether you are an entrepreneur wishing to expand into global sales, undertaking your first export or import in a small business or part of a team in a multinational corporation seeking to understand and improve its logistics or supply chain, this training course is exactly what you are looking for.
It is suitable for anyone new to export, import and cross trades and for those with more experience in a particular discipline but wishing to obtain a greater understanding of the wider physical, operational and financial implications for business in any industry or sector including luxury retail, SME’s and Start-Ups.
The course is given from an integrated, pragmatic and practical business viewpoint rather than an academic and theoretical one. The emphasis is on avoiding difficulties and delays and achieving cost efficiency across the business disciplines involved.
Our courses are continuously updated to take account of changes in best practice and legislation so you can be sure to get the best and most current advice from a trainer with years of practical business experience.
Course content will include:
- worldwide and EU goods movements
- the options and benefits of airfreight, seafreight, road, hand carry and courier shipments
- how to find the correct tariff classification (commodity code) and value
- how to calculate and predict freight, duty and VAT costs
- using customs procedures to avoid the need to pay import duty and VAT
- the use and implications of Kncoterms®2010
- the importance and benefits of goods’ origin
- customs procedures e.g IPR, OPR, RGR, Bonded warehousing, temporary import etc.
- export and import licencing
- product approvals
- the expected content and use of documentation
- intrastats and the EU sales list (ESL)
- working with freight agents, customers and suppliers
The course content of the Introduction to Export and the Introduction to Import is covered and significantly expanded in this Comprehensive Guide.
Delegates will leave the course with a thorough understanding of how to successfully and legally move goods around the world, calculate costs, achieve cost control in the supply chain, utilise customs procedures that benefit their business, avoid costly delays, unexpected costs and legal tangles with overseas Authorities and suppliers and ensure a level of customer satisfaction that encourages repeat business.
No previous experience of importing and exporting is required.
Full delegate notes (not just copies of the slides) are provided for future reference. All delegates receive a Certificate of Attendance for their training records.
The course runs from 9.30am to approx. 4.30pm each day. Continental breakfast and lunch are included.
26th/ 27th Jun 2018 London £695.00
Practical, pragmatic advice and training
Tel: +44 (0)7841133027
Content copyright 2017. MORLEY-CONSULTING.CO.UK. All rights reserved.